Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Revlon - Whimsical

Hi everyone! Sorry it's been a while since my last post! I'm trying to do two posts a week, but I was super busy last week. Last week was Lunar New Year and on Sunday there was a big parade in Chinatown. I stopped by and had lots of fun watching the dancers and dragons pass by! 2015 is the year of the Sheep and I managed to pick up the cutest little sheep plushy! Sheepy is going to help model tonight's nail polish, which happens to be Revlon Whimsical.




I've had this polish for about three years now and never tried it on. The color in the bottle is a mint crelly with blue and pink glitters. I thought it looked really pretty in the bottle which led me to keep it for as long as I did. It's even supposed to be a dupe for Deborah Lippmann's Glitter in the Air. The polish on my nails, however, did not look as pretty. 



I ended up with more of a greenish hue than mint. The glitter's were pretty but they were a little sparse and did need fishing. I used FOUR coats for these swatches and you can still see my nail line. These swatches might have looked better if I had used an undie instead of using this polish solo.



Right after I took these photos and started writing tonight's post, Whimsical smudged everywhere and I decided to just take it off. Sadly this makes this polish a dud in my book and will be going in the destash pile.  


I'm a little saddened that this color didn't work out for me. I loved the name and felt that the color in the bottle looked really cute. It might have even been a great color for Easter! Hopefully Friday's manicure will work out a lot better for me and I think that I'm going to just rock my naked nails for the next couple of days!

No comments:

Post a Comment