Tuesday, March 10, 2015

First Ever Gradient!

Good evening readers! I'm especially excited about tonight's post because it's the first ever successful gradient manicure that I've ever done! I've tried doing gradient manicures so many times and always failed. I tried a wet sponge, a dry sponge, white base, colored base, you name it! I could never get both colors to show up on my nail. However, I was determined to succeed and finally did!!





The colors I used for the gradient were Lime Crime's Peaches & Cream and Once in a Blue Mousse. I started off by using two coats of Peaches & Cream with a base coat underneath. I waited for that to dry. Then I used a dry makeup sponge and painted both colors horizontally on the sponge allowing them to overlap. I sponged it on the nails a few times and kept adding more of Once in a Blue Mousse onto the sponge and just focused on the top part of the gradient.



I found that if I squeezed the sponge a little more, that the polish would come out more opaque and thus helped the blue stand out in the gradient. I also recommend switching to a new sponge after one hand. Once I finished all my fingers and let them dry, I added a coat of China Glaze's Fairy Dust to make it stand out a little more (because who doesn't love glitter?!).



I love this manicure! It's so pretty and reminds me of a sunset! I know it's not perfect, but it's my first successful one! With practice, I know that I'll be a gradient pro! I was also dealing with staining from Orly's Kristoff He Goes from the previous post so that was annoying and didn't help in achieving the perfect lines that I want to have. How do you feel about gradients? Do you love them or want the trend to go away?

No comments:

Post a Comment