Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Glisten & Glow - Winter Nights in Indieland

Hi everyone! It's been super long since I posted! There's just been so much stuff going on in the "real" world that I haven't felt motivated to take photos or put up a new post. But I'm planning on changing that and getting right back to making bi-weekly posts! So for tonight's post I have Glisten & Glow's Winter Nights in Indieland.


This polish was released as part of Llarowe's A Box, Indied, however I acquired it through their A Box, Indied Grab Bag. This polish is a beautiful dark blue holo. I have never tried Glisten & Glow's nail polish line but I do really like their HK Girl Top Coat. Therefore I was really impressed with this polish in both color and formula. Even though I used both a base coat (OPI Nail Envy) and a top coat (Poshe), the holo rainbow effect really stands out.



I was actually distracted at work today when the sun hit my nails and there was rainbows! I remember when I first used holo polishes (Layla Holograms to be specific) and how you couldn't use either base or top coat or else it would completely dull the holo and I thought that was such a pain in the ass! So I'm super duper impressed with the beautiful holo that I got with this polish.


Today's prop was a Hello Kitty chapstick because you already know my love for Hello Kitty! However, there is also a dual purpose to using Hello Kitty as a prop because I will be visiting Hello Kitty's birth place next week, which is.....JAPAN!!! That's right: I'll be flying off to Tokyo in a week and I can't wait. It's my second time visiting and I can't wait to go shopping and visit so many places (hopefully Sanrio Puroland, which is a HELLO KITTY THEME PARK!!!!). A Sailor Moon cafe also just opened up in Tokyo so you know I'll be visiting that!!! Hopefully I'll be able to pick up a bunch of nail goodies and then I can share them all with you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment